Thursday, February 02, 2006

Reality is sinking in

Wow! Can you believe it is already February (or as my 2006 calendar says Febrero). January came and went so fast. Week 3 of school is almost complete, crazy! With Tiffany reminding me of how many days she has left here at A&M, its really starting to hit me; I am getting old and time is flying. I have already had friends graduate and leave this town. Its REAL. I have lost touch with friends, friends I may seldom get to see again, friends I used to lean on. And I am about to lose more! I'm just amazed how fast this time went by. And I am scared that I'll never make friends like these again. I know without a doubt that God will take care of me so I am tryin not to be too sad about it. But my good pal Chris is about to graduate and leave! Chris has always been there for me and I can count on him to cheer me up or give advice. But soon he will gradute and leave to move on to bigger and better things, just like the others. It seems so ironic that just when things are getting good and routine and dependable, they change. I know change is good and all, its just scary. But it's time to stop being scared and just enjoy every minute. This goes for every aspect in life. I was listening to KSBJ when Chris Tomlin came on. Medidate on these words:
I want to live like there's no tomorrow
I want to dance like no one's around
I want to sing like nobody's listening
Before I lay my body down
I want to give like I have plenty
I want to love like I'm not afraid
I want to be the man I was meant to be
I want to be the way I was made
This is my prayer for myself and you to live by everyday! We aren't guaranteed tomorrow. So stop being prideful and tell those people in your life that you love them. Dont be embarrassed hug them, love them! Stop being scared and tell that stranger or classmate how GREAT your God is and what a difference He has made in your life. Don't save up all that money, you cant take it with you! Worship God with that voice, who cares if you can't sing (I bet you are better than me)! Just be like Christ. I know this is very cliche but really "what would Jesus do"? Make the most of your days, share, live, love, laugh! Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus! 1 Thess 5:16-18 !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen you are an amazing woman and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to get to know you over the last year! Your faith inspires me and I know that God has awesome plans for you!

Jennifer Hiney

Chris said...

Hey Karen, I'm still here. I'll be here for you. Don't worry your pretty head. I'm sorry that we've both been too busy to really talk to each other much. I miss you. But I'm not going to be leaving your life.