Sunday, February 12, 2006

Control

Being a control freak is a sin! I know this, and yet God can't seem to get me to pry my fingers from the control of my life. WHY??? I think God needs my help in anything? Doubtful. So anyway here is a little poem to better explain myself:

CONTROL
Life throws us a curveball to knock us off track;
We have it all planned, then something sets us back.
How naïve and prideful I can be,
To think God needs input from me
I have to submit my plans to my God
And accept what He has in store, no matter how odd.
Why do we want to have control so bad?
We can’t let go, then we end up wishing we had.
When we are of this world we become empty inside.
We fight for material things, our souls get set aside,
Trusting in me makes my life go up and down, I’m tired of the ride;
my feet desire the stable ground.
I desire to be planted in God alone
This will require me to get off my throne.
Time is precious and we must act fast
Make an impact, one that will last.

I just praise God for all the gifts He has given me. I am so blessed beyond words. He never ceases to amaze me. Even when I dont deservev His love, its there for me! Even when I am being stubborn and refuse to listen to Him, He calls me back to Him. Thats just our God ... he is that GREAT!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen, I have put your blog on my bookmarks, so I will be a regular reader.