Sunday, February 05, 2006

Confessing more sin

Well something happened today that usually happens to me when I go to Living Hope. Major conviction...ouch! Definatly not a fun place to be, but encouraging because that means God is still workin on me. If He didnt love me, he would NOT correct me. When I hear people talkin about the sin of pride or prideful people I think of arrogant, know it alls, not myself. But I know that by pretending to have it all together that I am being prideful. By not letting others in on my REAL feelings, I am being prideful. And by not confessing sin in my life, I am being prideful. And tonight at Bible Study I was convicted of yet another sin of mine that I often overlook; how I react to people and situations. God has called us to be holy as He is holy, not to be better than so and so. Pretty good is not good enough for our God! I look at the way I treat people when I am frustrated or anxious. My snappy attitude or rude remark or even sarcasm IS SIN!!! Philipians 2:3 basically tells us that we are to put other's over ourselves. Our reactions should NOT be contingent on other people around you. God has called his children to be LIKE him! So we need to stop being so petty about all the little disagreements and just love the other people! In Ephesians 5:21 we are told to submit to one another out of reverance for Christ. That is straight from the Bible; it is the TRUTH. We must live by the truth ... I know I fall short in this area. I apologize to anyone reading this if I have done this to you, if I have snapped at you over something stupid, if I have had a sarcastic comment to say when we disagreed. I recognize this as sin and confess it now!
I will end with this really good advice Heather told us tonight. She said this is something very important to know before you think you are ready to get married!Very good and kinda scary! You cant possibly think that you will submit to and obey an imperfect, human, man when you can't even obey your PERFECT God.

No comments: