Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Unanswered Prayers

Wow! I can't say it enough ... God is AMAZING! When I stop to see how far He has brought me, I am speechless. This time last year and pretty much my whole life before then I can remember one constant. I thought I HAD to have a love interest! These interests were always people I knew I could never be with it seemed! I grew up with the mentality that I had to have a guy to make me really happy, even though it never happened. High school was somtimes pure torture! I had lots of friends, but you know how it is. They all jumped from guy to guy, or were exclusive with a guy. I wish I only knew then what I know now! We can't look for completeness in a person on this earth! Only God will provide that satisfaction in our lives. But last year I just prayed and prayed and prayed for God to take this desire from me. And He slowly would change my heart, but I would get frustrated and decide I knew better! But time and time again when I would stray or try to control my destiny God would be there tellin me He had other plans. This time last year I would have been desperatly tryin to win some guys attention and love, but God has set me free! He has shown me that I dont need an eartly relationship to be loved! He has ALL the love I could ever need! ALL of it!!! I am just at a point in my life now where I dont look for that at all. God has finally got it thru to me that I am ok where I am, He has a plan for me! I truly believe that now! I can rest knowing that He will provide for me; maybe not when I think He should but in HIS time. I look back now and think of these boys who I just knew I had to marry ... and I cant help but laugh. I can see He knows what He is doing! And this goes for EVERY aspect of out lives. He really does know whats best for us! Know that, trust that. So I will end with the chorus of this VERY appropriate song by Garth Brooks.
Sometimes I thank God
For unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin'
To the man upstairs
That just because He doesn't answer
Doesn't mean He don't care!
Some of God's greatest gifts are
unanswered prayers...!

No comments: