Wednesday, February 08, 2006

With it getting close to that holiday us single people DREAD, I thought this poem I wrote would be quite appropriate. Just remember than no worldy love can ever compare to the love our Father has for each and every one of us. 1 John 4:1o ... read it! AMAZING ... that's our God! Well here is the poem. I just want yall to know that this was a struggle for me (as I am sure it is for others out there reading this ... if anyone reads this that is). BUT my God is so wonderful and faithful that he has delivered me out of this season of my life. He wants to take care of you and your struggles as well, so tell Him whats got you down! He IS the cure!
In God’s Hands
I’m falling so deep into this sin
Putting a guy over THE Guy again
God forgive me and call me back to you
This isn’t the first time; this is nothing new
I really want and need him to love me
So I force myself into his life selfishly
I know that I am an amazing girl
And I don’t need him in my world
My God is wonderful and loves me so much
So why do I keep dreaming about his touch
By the worldly standard this is really no big deal.
But You have called me to more, I know you are real.
So many friends I have watched get hurt
Idolatry isn’t something with which I wish to flirt
When love is in the air and engagement rings can be seen
Know that worldly love and jewelry can’t take the place of our King
Why do we try so hard to be loved by a man?
When we know he can’t love us like our God can.
God knows the desires I have within.
He will be faithful to deliver; only He knows when.
We chose guys over God and let Satan win
It’s a vicious cycle that I’m tired of being in.
So guard your heart, its time to go to war
I don’t know about you, but I don’t wanna lose anymore
God and His love are more than I need
I’m taking the back seat and letting Him lead.
Karen Davis
2005

PS I WOULD LOVE FEEDBACK FROM ANYONE OUT THERE READING MY BLOG!!! Please tell me what you think, tell me you have also been through what I am going thru, that you think I am insane, that you understand, that I am not alone with these sinfuls areas in my life, or just leave me some encouragment! It will be GREATLY appreciated!
God Bless

2 comments:

Chris said...

This week has been a whirlwind of events, but now that I sat down and caught up on your blog, I've enjoyed it. I should be a more faithful reader now. Your blog has truth with real world examples. Thanks for being so open. This is an outlet for you, but it provides applications for everyone else. Good job. And FYI, it's not just "singles" that hate Valentine's Day....

In elementary, I always thought it was Valentime's day... Whatever that means.

Anonymous said...

I do not hate Valentine's Day, and I am a single, extemely handsome guy. (In case lots of single girls read you blog!)