Sunday, February 11, 2007

Whew what a ride life has taken me on lately. I know they ups and downs are because of my lack of trust and faith and the fact that I have made my God so little in my own life. I have been guilty of asking small things and thus being unsatisfied. I am fearful of so many things, sadly God hasn't been one them. I have grown stagnant, lukewarm, indifferent. Revelation 3:16 says "So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth". Wow my apathy makes God want to throw up! If thats not convicting then I don't know what is. Its so powerful when you look at your own life and realize that you are lukewarm. Im not helping anyone by being this way. God says he would rather me be cold than lukewarm. I have been saved by Him, yet I don't live like He sent His son to die for me. Little problems turn into drama, hurt feelings turn into a pity party, and lonliness leads to depression.
Its not fun when we realize how much we let our cicrumstances control us... how easily WE can give into this world. One thing I have really noticed that Satan is using in my life is country music. Now I am not saying that country music is sinful. BUT I am the kinda girl who can't listen to those lovey dovey songs without my mind wandering and desiring what those songs offer. I hadn't listened to country music for a few months, until just recently. Now love (the worldly boy/girl kind) is constantly consuming my mind. Just like any kind of struggle you have, you have to realize your weakness and not put your self into situations that make you vulnerable. This is a weakness so its really dangerous for me to think I can handle it. Do I like country music ... heck yes, but I love God more. As much as it stinks, its really not that much of a sacrafice compared to what He sacraficed for me ... and you! This may sound really dumb to you, but it makes sense to me! Its just like if sex is a weakness, dont be alone with the opposite sex. If gossiping is a struggle, don't surround yourself with people who tend to talk about people . No matter how strong you think you are SATAN will do everything to tempt you.

1 comment:

sdfs said...

That is not stupid! I LOVE country music, but that is not what get my mind off track. I can not watch a lot of TV. MTV is a no-no for me, because it make my mind dirty,lol! I used to be the queen of dirty sex jokes and when I watch that channel my mind will go straight to sex related jokes anytime I can think of something to make fun of. Some people can watch TV and be fine, but I know I've gotta watch it! But at least we know our weaknesses and try to limit them :o)
I love you post! We def need to make sure we are NEVER lukewarm in our faith, what a great reminder my friend!
I'll see you tomorrow, bright and early!