Tuesday, February 20, 2007

God's word is so good! I was reading in Matthew tonight. I was totally convicted right off the bat! Matthew 6:1 "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
If I am being completely honest and transparent here I do not always have pure, unselfish motives for serving others. Sometimes its because I want them to like me, sometimes its cause I want to be served in return, and sometimes I just want recognition! UGH! That is a pretty horrible sentence to admit! Now dont get me wrong I am not completely self motivated and self-involved! Sometimes I just serve because I enjoy it or I can feel God leading me to do it. But that other 1/2 the time is important as well. I can't serve God and my ego at the same time!
This is short and sweet and I know I already blogged once today but I felt like God laid this on my heart so I wanted to share!

No comments: