Thursday, February 15, 2007

Time after time you’ve been left behind
like the sun when it’s starting to rain
Time after time you’ve been forgotten
like a picture that’s faded with age
Time after time you ran after me
when I was still running away
Chorus: You never give up on me
No, You never give up on me
Though I’m weak you are strong
You told me I still belong
No, you never, never give up on me
Time after time I’ve used your grace
as a way to do what I please
I’ve taken for granted prayers that you answered
never been all I could be
You are holding out your hands
and now I clearly see
Chorus
You always erase all my mistakes
You lift me up when I'm down
Through all the ages, Your love never changes
You welcome me just as I am
Chorus
never give up, never give up on me...

This song gives me chills and convictions at the same time! What a beautiful reminder of Christ's love for us. How quick we are to forget about His love and provisions. How easy we let this world and our circumstances rob us of all God has to offer! YET how faitful is He to always take us back, always pick us up, continue to pursue, as long as we will search for him! Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.
God promises to not leave us! How great is that! Talk about real love! And we don't need Valentine's Day to make us feel loved! We are loved and blessed by God everday! Just take a look around... the relationships and friendships God has given you, the beautiful trees, flowers, birds, sky ... God made these for us to enjoy!
How can people see things like that and not believe, not feel blessed! Its so convicting for me to remember this on a daily basis! GOD loves me! ME! Even if I feel like no one else does I can REST in knowing that HE does!

No comments: