Sunday, January 29, 2006

Plastic people

So I was talkin to a friend the other day and he asked what I did the night before. I said nothing exciting; just went to eat and then covered up all my grey hairs. To this he jokingly replied "girls spend way to much time tryin to cover things up". But it was a really good point, and it kinda stung. Not just girls in general, but Christians, thats what we do. We try so hard to cover our imperfections and make ourselves "pretty" in the eyes of the world. If I am truly honest with myself I have a bad habit of this! How hard I try to look like I have it all together! Like Bethany Dillon's song says
Crying myself to sleep'cause I can not keep their attention
Thought I could be strong,but it's killing me
I wanna be beautiful,make you stand in awe
look inside my heart and be amazed
I want to hear you say,who I am is quite enough
Just wanna be worthy of love and beautiful...
Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Well I KNOW what is missing; God! I always seem to leave him out of the equation then when I try to sovle the problems of my life I can't seem to get it right! Well DUH! I cant do it on my own so I need to stop pretending I can. I AM a SINNER, I DO have STRUGGLES, and I need to start being real. Please have the guts and love me enough to call me out when I am acting all tough AND when I am sinning. Im beggin for your help. If I get mad, I WILL get over it and in the end I will THANK you for loving me enough to call me out. I will end with a convicting line from Casting Crown's song "Stained Glass Masquerade"
Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain

No comments: