Saturday, January 28, 2006

If they only knew...

I've really been thinkin about things a lot more than usual. I have these moments where things get so overwhelming (well my emotions at least) and it just all comes spilling out into a poem. So thats what I am gonna share today. I have a disclaimer though. I am NOT a good poet, and I HATE sharing with other people. So please dont judge this, just listen to what it says. Thanks so much and hope you have a blessed day!

If they only knew…
So many people in one single place
If anyone looks, I put that smile on my face
I look like an ordinary girl on the outside,
What would they think if they knew the thoughts in my mind?
The things that cross my mind; and oh how have I have lied
If they knew the truth would they still be by my side?
I deal with anger, self conscious, and jealousy too
What would they think if they only knew…
I’m a simple girl screaming for attention and love
Looking for it everywhere, except from the Heavens above.
Making myself miserable, just to please everyone around
Tears stream down my face as my body falls to the ground.
This obsession that I have is like a disease
Make everyone happy; let them treat me as they please
When I am with them, I still feel all alone
Empty inside but I don’t let out a moan
It seems as though no one really cares
Everyone is too wrapped up in their own affairs
I have time to listen to how their life’s gone wrong
But to listen to me, would just takes too long
The reliable friend they know they can call
And sometimes I wonder do they know me at all?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a really good poem, Karen. And you said you weren't good at expressing your emotions... I say I'm impressed.