Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Spring Break can mean a Mission Trip in your own Family!

Well I wish I could say the nasty sin struggle with my mouth was over, but God is still working on me! This sin has so deeply rooted into my life that it will definatly take a while to get out of it! I have Matthew 12:36 on my computer at work where I am very much tempted to fall into the sin. Its so easy to just open my mouth and agree with other people. Its so easy to join in on the gossip! It seems everyday I am tempted over and over. I have just started to say outloud Matthew 12:36 every time the thought or temptation comes to me! Its amazing that just knowing the severity of that verse can make me stop in my tracks! Praise the Lord for giving me progress in having a better mouth!
Spring Break is just around the corner! YEA for a break from school. I will be going home the later part of the break and have had a bad attitude about it. But reading in Mark this week I was pointed to verse 5:19 "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." Some of you know that I have a very lost family. I dread going home sometimes when I know I will be face to face with my family and the life I lived before I became saved, the sins they continue to live in that God has brought me out of, or ones that I am still fighting daily to kick (namely gossip). God has a reason and plan for everything! It is our job to do as He instructs and have faith that HE is in control of every little thing! Listen to His promise in Mark 5:34: He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering." If we just trust Him and have faith He will make all things right, whether it be physical, emotional, or spiritual suffering! Isnt God's word amazing? He really does love us sooo much! Praise the Lord that I have much to be thankful for!
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments: