Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lately I have found myself feeling unworthy and undeserving of God's grace. I ignorantly compare God to people and wonder HOW He can still love me when I mess up. I blindly assume He is like people and will hold a grudge, or that I have to try so stinkin hard to win His love! I have been encouraged by these lyrics:
What is it You see in me
That makes You believe
No matter how far I stray
I will still find the way
Just when I think I'm not strong enough
You reach out to me and You lift me up
I don't know what makes You stay
When I act this way
No matter what we've been through
I can turn to You
Just when I think I'm not strong enough
You reach out to me and You lift me up
You find the beauty in my imperfections
The guiding light in all my misdirection
And when I think You've finally given up
You fill my heart with unconditional love
Wow what a beautiful picutre! Everytime we stray, we sin, we mess up ... God still wants us back! He gives us strength we never knew we had. HE makes us do things we never thought we could do. He is NOT like people! He says we are amazing, HIS creation! He doesnt want us turning ourselves inside out to please Him, to make Him like us better! He doesnt condem us for wanting to work a low paying job for HIS glory, He doesnt want us to feel like we are incomplete and unsatisfied it we are single! How can I know this and still doubt myself. Sitting down and writting, things just come out that you didnt even know where stored away in your mind, but apparently I have a lot of issues to work out! And satan is good at his game; I have been his victim for too long. I have let him use people in my life to discourage me, and to doubt myself and who God is! Its time to take action! Its time to DIG into Gods word. Its time to call satan out and rebuke him! Its time to get right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. Satan is using your perspective of other people's thoughts to drag you down. Most of the time, whatever you THINK people are thinking, is far from the truth. Take captive every thought. It is important to trust people, lean on people, and listen to what they tell you, but always in light of the Truth, of course. Don't let Satan tell you that people will hurt you or let you down. It will make you too cautious in relationships within the body. It will even make you cautious about lost people, and the main way I've seen that we can reach them is to establish relationships with them. We have to get involved in their lives to make any impact for the gospel. Yes, people will screw up and hurt you or tell you things that are not based in Scripture, but that is where the Spirit that lives in you will be heal you and protect you. You will learn to discern truth from lies by being in the Word daily and fellowshipping with other believers. God created you. You are wonderful.

Melodi

sdfs said...

AMEN!!
I struggled with this for SOOOO long and finally had to kick myself! Who cares what people think or how they love!!?? The hardest lesson I had to learn was NO ONE was going to love me the way I needed to be loved...because that is not anyones job! That is God's job, he is the only one who can love me completely and fully and unconditionally!!!

YAY for His love!
And yay for you!

I'm so glad you are in my life!

And I LOVE that song! Such a great one!