Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Crazy Things?


Wow! I thought I was for sure too old to take a random, UNPLANNED trip somewhere ... especially in the middle of the night! There is nothing like having a wonderful friend to keep me young and remind me that I can do it though! Ha!
So basically one of my craziest, bestest friends shows up at my house on Monday at about 8 pm. I am exhausted from the time change AND from planning/hosting an exciting MURDER MYSTERY party this past weekend! So naturally, I am just laying in bed watching tv. This crazy kid comes over with a suggestion ... a midnight picnic at the capital! Ha! I am actually surprised I agreed ... it must have been the delliria!
But boy am I so glad I went! It was spontaneous! It was sooo much fun! The drive ... just us girls jammming out singing LOUD and PROUD (and bad on my part), having girl talk and just really getting to know each other better! The kinda fun with NO stress! Usually I love trips! They can be stressful because I have to plan who is going, what are we driving, where are meeting, when are we leaving, when will we be back, what are we doing there, etc ... if you have been with me you know this! I have a plan and don't like to get off course... Life is kinda like that too ... maybe this was a reminder that I don't have to have control! I mean it was fun and it turned out just fine EVEN THOUGH I didn't plan anything! Maybe that's what God wants me to see ... hmm ... not my purpose for this ... it just came to me!
Anywho ... If i have ANY readers left, I just wanna know if you ever did this! Packed up and went somewhere with friends! Roadtrips? Anything? I SO want to do this more often!!!

3 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails Proverbs 19:21

I am envious!!! It is kinda hard to make spontaneous trips with two little ones, enjoy it now!!!

Unknown said...

WOO HOO!!! I'm the crazy girl!! :) YAY! Ya know, I have always wanted to do that. I always talk about taking random trips but I was always waiting on someone else to make the move because I am such a planner that if I wanted to take a spontaneous trip I would end up planning it- which totally defeats the purpose! I am so glad that we were able to do it! I seriously can't believe it, but we actually drove to Austin at 9:30, had a dance party on the top of the parking garage, danced with statues and had a picnic on the Capital lawn, took tons of pictures of us being silly, and got home around 4:00 AM!! WOW! I am so glad that I drug you along... you made it so awesome... making you realize you're not quite the old lady you think you are was well worth it.
Now... you just wait till our next one! hehehe :)

Unknown said...

Oh, and I really love how you correlated our random- not planned- road trip with the plans of the Lord!! And that is where the voice of reason comes in! :)

God is so good!