Saturday, July 14, 2007

So I have really been struggling with finding my true indentity in Christ! Through my Experiencing God class this week I have been reminded of how much I depend on this world and other people and how little I depend on God. I mean GOD really loves me! all the time! He cares for me and pursues me even when I am not chasing after Him! Psalm 139:13 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb". He loves me (and you) so much that HE fashioned every single detail of our lives before we were even born. He made our nose a certain shape, us a certain height, and of course HE gave us our specific personality for His purposes! He made me the way I am ... to prepare me for His plans! How cool is that? Is that amazing! How can I know that and still not feel loved?!? Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well". I really can't seem to grip that truth! No matter how much I hear it or read it, I can't believe it! It comes from a lack of faith is my guess. I want to believe that! I want to walk in victory knowing that God loves the way He made me! Please pray for me to really soak in this scripture, to bury it in my heart, to believe it! God tells me in Proverbs 4: 23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life". I have to let Him purify my thoughts and my mind ... conform it His. I have to take captive each and every negative, feeling sorry for myself, thought immediately! We are warned in 2 corinthians 10:5 "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ". So this is where I have found myself! I will not live in defeat, disbelief, or doubt! I will claim what God has promised!

No comments: