Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ephesians 4:2

Ephesians 4:2 (NLT) "Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love"
How often do I let someone get under my skin. Its not usually that they do something wrong to me. Sometimes its just a personality thing. I get so impatient and my thoughts, and unfortunately sometimes even my actions, are anything but HUMBLE!
American heritage dictionary defines humble as being "marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful".
Hmm ok so when I have a conflict with someone or have been done wrong, I am quite certain that I am not a humble person. Getting anrgy, even if I keep it inside does not show a humble heart. Joining in on the gossip about this "annoying" person ... NOT humble! Thinking I am better ... again no humbleness!
And what about gentleness? "Considerate or kindly in disposition; amiable and tender. Not harsh or severe; mild and soft". How many times do I have gentle thoughts and feelings toward that person? Ha! Its not natural to react this way, to have such feelings for someone who has wronged you or even just someone who annoys you. With Christ though, it is possible! Christ has to mean more to me than the world though! His standards have my standards!

No comments: