Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Crazy Life

So life in the substituting world is quite interesting. I have been subbing for a week now. First day was not so good. I was in a pretty rough Title 1 middle school. I was teaching 7th grade language arts. It was quite a surprise! My phone was stolen from inside my desk ... yea not so good. I called my Mom after school, from the office at the school, crying! Ha I know what your thinking. I am not that big of a baby though. This was just the icing on the cake for a few bad weeks. And not to mention it was the month anniversary of Mamaw's passing.
I enjoy subbing. I am getting a good feel for the area, what grades I enjoy, and what schools are effective and good to work in. I have had some rough days, and some rough experiences. But I am learning!
It has now been 5 weeks since Mamaw left us. I miss her so much. I find myself having breakdowns at the weirdest times, over the weirdest things. I want to pick up the phone and call her, I want to send her the annual Halloween card, I want to hug her and I know I can't. The upcoming holidays will be hard I am told. I have never lost anyone really close to me. This is so weird, so hard, so sad.
I am still adjusting to living here. Its been so weird living alone in a new place. Its been hard not having a church home, and church family. Familiarity is not here... where to get my haircut, where to get my eyebrows waxed, where to shop, where to buy gas, doctors???? All the little things, things I was comfortable with in Bryan, sometimes stress me out! I know I am crazy!
Anywho, this is just my way of journaling, getting things out! Hopefully will do this more often!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're not crazy for feeling like all that newness is hard to become aclamated to (is that the right spelling...lol)!I mean, I won't deny you're crazy, but lets be serious here, who's callin who crazy!?!
It will be a little hard accepting ALL of the changes that are being thrown at you. But isn't it comforting to know that despite the way the world looks around us and how unfamiliar everything is... we serve a God who knows it all!! It isn't new to Him! He never changes and He never leaves us. By walking with Him through it all you will find a strange familiarity to it all because He is there! The one who loves you enough to send His son to shed his innocent blood so that you could be saved, just wants to share life with you and you to share Him with others. What a deal!?
Love you Karen! :)