Monday, June 05, 2006

Bad Blogger!

So I guess I am an official bad blogger! It has been over a month since our list chat. Life has just been so amazingly busy. God is so God. I am hoping that this Summer I can really slow down and concentrate on Him and what is really important. But with all the weddings, wedding showers, and baby showers going on it will be a challenge. I have formed relationships with new people and learned so much about Godly love as opposed to worldly love. I have been shown love by people who barely know me. I have been invited into their homes and their families and even their hearts! What better example of Christ! I am so convicted and desire to show that kinda live to everyone I come in contact with, even the people I force myself to love. We have to pray that God will show us how to love "the unloavable". We cant do it on our own, in our flesh! We all have these people in our life. Some refuse the love we try to give, some reject us and what we stand for, and then there are some who just annoy us. Whatever excuse we come up with, know there really is NO EXCUSE!!! We are called to love EVERYONE! Not to love those who love us back, not to love only those who are like us, and certinaly not to love people we like!!! We are to pray for our enemies! WOW! Thats what we are called to do. And so often I fall short. In church we started our relationship series and I was just blown away after the first sermon yesterday. We are supposed to love UNSELFISHLY! When you really think about it that is much harder to do that say. A song they played really said it best:
Everything you hold in your hand
still you make time for me
I can't understand
I sometimes dont understand how God has time and the energy to love me. But He does! He is so good! And you just have to remember that! We really need to love one another. I know I have a lot to learn, but I know God is faithful to teach me. I want to be some moldable and teachable to become more like Him!

No comments: